Thursday, November 16, 2006

Challenge Yarn - Becomes a Challenge Vest Part 1

Remember this ball of yarn
from the guild challenge. I mentioned yesterday that I had an idea on how to use it. On the meeting on Tuesday night there was a couple of requests for charity knitting - the Alzheimer's foundation, Vests for Hondoruas and I was thinking - vests for Dulaan - hey I can use this ball with some other yarn from my stash and make a vest as one of my items for the project. So last night I got out Anne Budd's Knitters Handy Guide of Patterns and looked up vests. I have heard the patterns run large so I would make the smallest size (to fit a 2-4 yo), now on to yarn requirements - very general as you can imaging but she lists 550 m -925 m for child sizes. I figured smallest size I need to come up with about 500 m of other yarn (I am not quite sure what length I have of the ball challenge). At the meeting I thought about using yarn left from Samus - purple Cascade 220, however I only have about 200 m ... not enough - what other colour do I have lots of ... - I have some Petal Pink Patons Classic Merino 300 m. However in all the colours in the challege yarn I don't see pink. I unwind the ball some - okay it is there. So now I have pink, purple and rainbow - I should have enough. Stay tuned


Stashed with: ,

1 comment:

Liz K. said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!