Well this weekend we got massive amounts done.
- We purchased and set up rain barrels from the region
- Turned the compost, and spread the finished stuff on the garden
- Removed a massive number of straggly shrubs
- Received and accepted a quote to build a fence (more on this below)
- Washed outdoor windows (well the ones I can reach without the massive ladder
- Started weeding the garden
- Raked the lawn
- Got a sunburn (neck, arms, tops of the ears) - I didn't think the sun was that strong - I guess it had just been so long
- Completely exhausted Keeper on a walk (he needed to lay down before we went in the house
- ETA: I just fertilized the front lawn since they are calling for rain Mon afternoon.
- Fertilize the lawn (needs to be done in two sections so Keeper doesn't walk on the fertilizer -we don't use Weed and Feed
- Remove the old chain link fence
- Remove the bottom branches of one of the trees
- Weed the garden (there are lots of maple seedlings coming up)
- We priced out lumber, measured the perimeter of the yard.
- Calculated amount of lumber and number of posts needed.
- Called fencing contractors.
I am excited about having a fenced yarn - and was hoping to have it fenced by the end of May so this is working out great. I'll let you know who this magical fencing contractor is after the job is done.