Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Measuring The Speed of Meme:

With three days left in NaBloPoMo, I wasn't sure what I could write about today. Then as I was reading through the blogs, I came across this study in which a Ph.D. student is investigating how fast memes migrate through the blogosphere. Well I have to help out fellow students - it is part of the student code. He is tracking technorati tags, and wants everyone who comes across this post to mention it on their blog and ping technorati, and ask others to do the same. So please go to his site and mention this on your blog. You can also mention where you first saw this survey, although I don' t know if that is being tracked at all.

There is a few questions about validity, and maybe what defines a meme. I join things like NaBloPoMo and Dulaan 10000 or bust but I don't answer those 40 things you don't know about me memes. So the selectivity or entertainment value of the spreading memes needs to be taken into account. It will be interesting to see the results and how it spreads through different sectors.

Stashed with: ,

1 comment:

Home Generator Des Moines said...

Hi nice readingg your post