Sunday, November 19, 2006

I got nothing

I'd love to write a post about something meaningful, maybe a FO - but I got nothing. We were suppose to go to a nephews birthday party today but had to cancel. See last night was the holiday party for my husband's work and we left Keeper out of his crate. He hates being in there and is quite stubborn about going in. He has been great when we have left him for a short periods so we thought we would let him have access to some of the house while we were gone. He is a good boy. However, the food we have been feeding hasn't been agreeing with him. Some days his digestion is fine others well the extreme was last night. We came home to him sleeping upstairs on his bed and diarrhea allover the kitchen floor. Judging by the state of the accident I think it had happened a couple of hours before. I must give him credit - we have carpet through most of the house (ugly, but carpet) - he had his accident on the tile floor so cleanup was do able in the wee hours of the morning without a hunt for a steam cleaner. I am glad he wasn't in his crate - as that is in the living room (on carpet) and dogs who have diarrhea in crates make massive amounts of mess (either getting it all over themselves or trying to angle the gush out of the crate). The accident was near his water bowl so I don't think it was a behavior issue. His stomach has been rumbling all day today and he has been switched to a bland diet. We will slowly introduce a different type of food over the next couple of days.

Maybe I will have knitting content tomorrow, as the only reason you are getting this post is because of NaBloWriMo.

Stashed with:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the puppy's feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

When I switched my kitty's food too suddenly, the vet had me put the boy on a chicken and rice diet for two weeks and give him some medicine that smelled of vanilla cake batter to settle his little tummy.

My cat's disagreement came from the other end which I think is less gross. Good luck!