Friday, October 27, 2006

Trellis Scarf

Last week I started the Trellis Scarf from IK Spring '06 designed by Evelyn A. Clark. I am knitting it in Misti Alpaca in Melange Forest. The pattern calls for 3.75 mm (US5) needles however when I started this I looked at the yarn and realized that there was no way that was going to work. I cast on instead with 3.25 mm (US3) needles and my gauge is still off but it is a scarf. For some reason with this pattern it requires my complete concentration. I don't think there is anything difficult with it I just can't seem to knit it without the pattern by my side and stitch markers at every repeat. This dependence on markers is a pain as they move twice in the 16 row repeat.

There have been requests for more photos of Keeper. There is something that needs to be said about greyhounds though, they sleep a lot with just a few short bursts of energy (which I never have the camera ready for). So here is a couple pics that I snapped of him sleeping.

Stashed with: , , ,

3 comments:

Wily Jeneric said...

Umm, is Keeper alive in that bottom photograph?! Holy cow, is that ever funny. I think I imagined a greyhound would curl up into a neat little ball to go to sleep. I guess they're like most dogs in that respect! (ps Can we see Keeper in his sweater?)

Teresa said...

Greyhounds will sleep with their legs up in the air - a position called "roaching". He does sleep soundly though, until I walk out of the room and he perks right up. Ali can walk out of the room without Keeper noticing.

Anonymous said...

Your new dog is very cute. I hope that he actually likes wearing a sweater. Some dogs bite them off. So watch out for that.

I love Misti Alpaca. I used a bright orange (I forget the color name) to knit my gauntlets. Good luck with all of those pattern repeats.