Wednesday, October 11, 2006

One pair of socks

I finished the Sockotta ribbed socks.


Project specs:
Yarn: Stashed Plymouth Sockotta colour 03 - 45% cotton, 40% wool 15% nylon
Needles: 2mm (US0) circs. I used the 2 circ method on these socks and could see some advantages to it - never having to find the last dpn in the purse, the yarn getting tangled around the hanging needles just annoyed me.
Pattern: I used Charlene Schurch's toe up heel flap method in her book Sensational Knitted Socks. Since this yarn has such a large cotton contingent I wanted lots of ribbing to help keep a snug fit. I added a panel of purl stitches on each side of the foot to help with a snug fit. The cuff is 3x3 ribbed.

I enjoy using Sensational Knitted Socks as a reference, it is great for the different stitch patterns as well as all the different heel and toe constructions. If you are math phobic there are charts to use to figure out the cast on number once you know the foot circumference and your gauge. Handy charts are also included for shoe size to foot size conversions with length and width.

Since it is Socktoberfest, I cast on for another pair of socks.


The gauge on these socks is off, they were going to be huge: So they have been frogged and started again on smaller needles.

Stashed with: ,

No comments: