Saturday, March 25, 2006

Finished Jaywalkers

Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina
Mods: Changed to a picot edge cuff from Amelia
Needles: 2.25 mm (US1)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport - Iris colourway purchased from Knit-A-Bit


The Jaywalkers are my first FO since starting the blog. I was able to finish them Saturday morning while getting the oil changed in my car (except for the toe grafting). I do enjoy how they feel, as I was finishing them up I realized this is the first pair of socks that I have made for myself that are not just plain stockinette. All the pattern ones that I have made up until know have been given away as gifts. I will continue to make pattern socks for myself, as I just love how they feel.

I might make myself some anklet socks from the leftovers, or maybe get a skein of coordinating green or purple to make a full pair of socks. I think I have enough leftover yarn for 1 sock. So one more skein should get me another pair. However I am sure the leftovers will go into my stash and linger there for a while. Stash is like wine it improves with age.

I thought I had a better picture - I'll try to get one to better show off the pattern.

Edited to add: Here are a couple of new photos of the Jaywalkers.


No comments: