Monday, September 22, 2008

Some baby sweaters

Before the weeks get away from me I thought I would show you two completed baby sweaters.
First up is the soft cardi which I mentioned in this post that I couldn't find the buttons. The buttons were found in a random drawer and have been attached. I don't like where I put the button holes, and decided to improvise them.
There does seem to be a problem with how the front lines up though. I have had counted the rows on both fronts and it should be fine. I am just putting it down as some random wonkiness. I realized when I was half done seaming that I should take the plies apart from the yarn and just seam with 1 of the three plies to get smaller seams. We will see what this sweater looks like on the baby.
Details:
Pattern: Soft Cardi in a Knitters Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes
Needles: Size 4.5 mm
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Rope

Next up is the top down raglan that I introduced here. This yarn started off as a kimono that turned out too weird so it got reknitted in this raglan. This is my first raglan sweater and I can see why people love to knit them.
It needs some blocking but overall I am happy with how this sweater turned out.
Details:
Pattern: Top Down Raglan by Carole Barenys
Needles: 3.5mm US 4
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly DK - 2 skeins

1 comment:

Barbit said...

Such a pretty blue! I love it.