Friday, December 08, 2006

While I was gone I finished some projects

I went from the post every day to posting over a week later. I was informed last night that my blog had gotten boring (meaning I haven't updated it). So a few updates on what we have been doing.
On Tuesday I went to Sit and Chat at Whole Lotta Gelato in Waterloo. My friend Jen needed help with a sweater so we decided going to the Sit and Chat would be a great place to get help. The place was empty except the 5 of us knitters. I had arrived early (about 6:30) since I had planned to go to the mall (where the LYS is located) before hand. The Waterloo Town Square Mall serves more of the daytime crowd than the evening shopping, so it was closed. The Sit and Chat was great and I started a new project - more on this in a later post.

Why would I start a new project? When I have recently posted all my projects that are almost finished. Well lets look at the list

Charcoal Cabled Socks - done


Charcoal Ribbed Socks
Yarn: Patons Kroy Charcoal
Needles: 2.25 mm (US1)


Dulaan Vest 2.2 - done



Dulaan Challenge Vest v2.2
Yarn: Cascade 220 (left overs) + Challenge Yarn from Guild
Needles: 4.25 mm
Pattern: Ann Budd's Handy Guide to Knitting Patterns
Notes: My first intarsia project

Moebius Scarf - Haven't worked on this since I needed a new needle, and this project will not be portable for a while as I try to untangle the mess.

Dulaan Vest 1.0 is still needing the ribbing around the neck and the armholes. This can wait though maybe until after Christmas. Okay I could have taken this to work on, but I didn't want to.

Trellis Scarf - I am on the end border pattern so this should be off the needles and on the blocking pile soon.

I have also managed to make Keeper a coat- I spoil him even when he drives me crazy. The snow has been flying all week and he has made it clear that he doesn't like bad weather. He had a lighter jacket, which I used for a pattern to make heavier coat. This jacket is a waterproof vinyl material lined with thick polar fleece. It has been keeping Keeper warm. It almost keeps his body too warm as he doesn't want to take short walks but wants his normal long walks. What is the problem with that you say. Well I haven't made the matching booties for his feet. So every two blocks or so, I have to rub his paws to get them warm since when they are cold he starts limping or just sits and holds up his front paws. The cold concrete sidewalks, with the salt on the roads is not good for his feet - although he doesn't realize it. Like a child he doesn't realize that you should turn around for home when you start getting cold not when you are freezing. So we have been going for short walks and fighting with him on the way home. Sometimes though he has been eager to turn around for home after a block.

Thanks everyone for the condolences on the scarf- I think it just needs some wine and a quiet evening. I got the new needle yesterday so I will work on it some this weekend.
Stashed with: , ,

No comments: