Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ribbit Ribpit Rippit

Monday night when I was working the 13th pattern repeat I started looking at the shawl and decided that it was too open. I was using 3.5 mm (US4) needles. What would happen if I used a smaller needle. I had some 2.75 mm (US2) handy - so I put in a lifeline and worked a couple of sections with smaller needle. I didn't love it. So last night I tried 3.25 mm (US3). I liked this fabric the best. So the shawl hit the frog pond. I cast on immediately with the 3.25 mm needles and have done 4 repeats. I am loving this, when I pseudo block I enjoy the fabric. With the 3.5 mm I enjoyed the fabric preblocking - not what you want with lace.

Also I am installing categories to the blog entries. We will see how this goes, I hope to have menu section with the different categories in the side bar.

ETA: I put a tag cloud over there in the side bar. If you click on a tag it will take you to my del.icio.us page which lists the blog entries under that category. Let me know what you think of categorizing in this manner. I went and have added tags for almost all my posts. However I didn't edit the individual posts to mention what they are stashed under. (Does that make sense)


Stashed with: , , , ,

No comments: