Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Kayaking, sweaters and more

Went kayaking this weekend on the Grand River as my camera is tempermental and as I do not have a waterproof container, I do not have photos. However the wildlife list that we saw was fabulous, including Great Blue Herons (lots), Red Wing Blackbird nests (x2), plus I saw some interesting places to hike to. We also did some local geocaching, and we found two while we were out on the water.

Remember this knitting project:



Samus is finished!!!!!


Pattern specs:
Samus from Knitty (did you see the new issue is up)
Needles: 5mm Addi Turbos and some bamboo dpns
Yarn: Cascade 220 (colour is more accurate in the top photo)
Alterations: I added waist shaping and have left off the zipper. I have a zipper I might put in at a later date, but I like this the way it currently is.
Other entries on this project: here and here

I have started (well I'm half done) a new pair of socks. Which the camera ate the picture (it was on the screen and when I went to download them - gone). I'll set them up for another picture tomorrow.

and to finish it with a sky photo


No comments: