Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Shopping bags and socks

Well as promised yesterday, I have some knitting to show you. In order of the projects being finished.
Chevron Ribbed Socks.

Pattern: Adapted from Sensational Knitted Socks (added more stitches to the pattern repeat) 64 sts total
Needles: 2.75 mm bamboo needles
Yarn: Silja Strompegarn 80% superwash wool, 20% nylon
Other notes: I really like the combination of ribbing with the chevrons. When the socks are flat, the purl stitches disappear, but stretch the socks, and there they are.
Heel: I used the short row heel, something I rarely do, but wanted to try it again.



Hemp Shopping Bag


I started this project back in March and last week got the yarn to finish this project.
Yarn: Hemp for Knitting DK weight, colour Sapphire 2 skeins
Needles: 4.5 mm
Pattern: my own


A day lily from the garden.

No comments: