Tuesday, August 15, 2006

An almost FO

I finished the knitting on Sia's purse. It currently is residing in the washing machine, which may take two trips. I'll see what it looks like after the first trip. I learned about colour dominance in knitting with this project. At the bottom it was easier to hold the brown yarn in my left hand and throw the white yarn with my right hand. This however made the white come from the top and gave the brown dominance (single white stitches were difficult to see) after switching the white was more distinct. (It was also slower to knit). I fixed some of the issue at the bottom by threading white through the stitches so you can see the diagonal lines.
The purse relaxing before a trip in the washer.



The flap done in opposite colours. Also knit
back and forth in stranded technique.

4 comments:

Liz K. said...

Oh, that is just lovely! A great choice to change the colors at the top.

Wily Jeneric said...

1. Very nice. Looking forward to V2.0 - felted.
2. Do your fingers always look jaundiced or is it just the yellow background?!?
3. We received the lastest issue of Handknits (by Interweave). In case you have seen it, do not think we will be making anything from it. We agree with the Knitting Curmudgeon on this one!

Teresa said...

The felted version is currently blocking. If all goes well I'll take some pics this afternoon or tomorrow. I am not jaundiced, so my fingers must be refelecting light from the table. I'd blame the camera but the purse colours are accurate.

Anonymous said...

I dunno. "Jaundice" has been used BY YOU to describe your photo. See Wed. March 29, 2006 post.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.