Monday, August 20, 2007

Decisions

I have been thinking on what my next major project is going to be. Seeing as my knitting has drastically slowed down lately - I need to get the materials for a major project - makes sense doesn't it. I have been thinking about a cardigan and am torn between three different ones.

Option #1 Jenna's Eris
A mostly stockinette cardigan with some cabling around the top and the bottom moves this from basic to elegant.

Option #2 Bonne Marie's Twist
Two panels of cabling going up the fronts with some side shaping. I am not sure about such a large collar though.

Option #3 Kate's Cinnabar Pullover
Okay not a cardigan but something is drawing me to this sweater. I like the linen stitch touches for the collar and the hems.

So what do you think? I have no yarn for any of these sweaters currently, purchases will have to be made. There are some sales on, and the Knitters Fair is coming up so lots of opportunities to purchase the require yarn.

I have also not been able to get on Raverly yet - still in the queue, which I don't think has moved at all in the past week.

2 comments:

Wily Jeneric said...

Opinion time! Woot.

1. I love this cardigan and have since the day I first saw it, over a year ago. It pains me, though, to say that I don't think this is the one. It's too similar to Samus.

2. This is a nice sweater, but the collar isn't for everyone. I'm trying to picture it on you and I think it will make your head look tiny. Or your shoulders broad. Or something. Nope, not this one, either.

3. I rather like this pullover. Nice touches and such. I vote for this one.

Oo, I hope your Ravelry invite comes soon. Not that I've been playing in the pool, no, not me. Well, maybe just a little.

Teresa said...

Jenni,
You mirrored some of my opinions on the sweaters. I was thinking I could change the collar on twist - it is what I disliked the most about it.

I was thinking that I may let the yarn decide as well. I have been looking for something for these sweaters and all that I have found that has spoken to me that my wallet will agree to would do great for Cinnebar.