Saturday, November 15, 2008

A baby blanket

I am going to try and get caught up with posting some FO and progress shots this week. We will see how that goes, it is great to have goals, it is another to finish them.

Back in June I started a baby blanket out of Rowan Cotton Rope. It went with me on the trip to the Dominican, where the modular nature made it great for beach knitting. In September I put a push on to get the squares done. I started the seaming using a crochet seam and I was not happy with how it looked. I wasn't sure on how best to seam it so I continues on till the blanket was 1/2 done. At that point I tried the whip stitch seam and immediately liked it better so I ripped what I had already done and reseamed the blanket. Hundreds of stitches were picked up around the edges, and the border was picked up and knitted. The octagon shape was chosen as I would not have enough yellow to make the enough squares for a square blanket.

The idea came after going to the Woolly Thoughts workshop hosted by Shall We Knit in May.
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Rope
Needles: 4.5 mm /US 7
Pattern: My own

No comments: