Monday, March 26, 2007

A few wishes

I wish that I could say I have been jet setting around the world or at least the continent to explain my lack of blog activity but alas I do not have that exciting of an excuse.

I wish that I could say that I have some fabulous story to tell you for my blogiversary - which I forgot all about - it was March 10.

I wish that I had some great finished objects to show off but I don't.

I am at the heel of the Entrelac socks. The slow progress has to do with lack of knitting time rather than the pattern. That is another wish - more time to knit.
I was worried the pattern might not be suitable for those stolen moments to knit but it actually is working good for that. Once you get the entrelac pattern down (not hard), you just continue on, knitting each square of 72 total stitches. Priscilla asked about knitting backwards - I guess tinking could be considered knitting backwards but what I was referring to was instead of knitting moving the stitches from your left needle to your right, move the stitches from your right needle to your left. I like the tutorial here, if you want photos.

One thing that I have finished though is my 300 km challenge that I set for myself as part of Runagogo (I haven't updated my total there in March). I knew February was going to be the toughest month because of the weather but walking Keeper forced me out twice a day (okay some of those days were really short and I didn't count walking around the pet stores). With this warm weather (it hit 22C today and suppose to be similar tomorrow) it makes it nicer to walk. Although this afternoon would have been better if we didn't have to walk through the pouring rain on the return half (my shirt was wet since my rain coat had soaked through). I am not going to sign up for the next 100 mile challenge since I know I will be able to accomplish it.

I think I need to set some knitting goals and see what I can get done in the next few months. Feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments. I may add them to my list. I have a few ideas of upcoming projects.


"I'm ready for a walk ..but
if I am not sleeping I always am ready!"
Stashed with: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/teacosies/koala-cosy.htm

How about a Koala Tea cozy?

Wily Jeneric said...

While I'd still like to see a knitted hedgehog out of you, what about a design challenge - ie you have to design and knit something that reflects one of your other interests (or the interests of a family member). For example, the Double Helix scarf.